Tim Donnelly's Principles
Protect Life/Parental Rights
Stand With Our President Against Islamic Terrorism
Reduce The Scope Of Our Federal Government
Cut Taxes And Repeal Regulations
Stand For The 1st Amendment In The Digital Sphere
Convert Federal Land Back To State Control
1. Build the Wall. Secure the Border, Enforce all immigration laws without favoritism and restore our national sovereignty and the rule of law.
2. Repeal ObamaCare. This disaster of a program has driven up the cost of health insurance in order to provide a socialistic safety net to millions of people who have their policies subsidized at the expense of citizens who work.
3. Pass Real Tax Reform by cutting tax rates across the board for everyone who pays taxes. Every time it's been tried, cutting tax rates has always spurred economic growth and job creation. I will not only oppose all tax increases, but I will work to lower the tax burden on every Californian.
4. Defend our inalienable, God-given, natural rights: that of life (the unborn and elderly), liberty (Self Defense and the Second Amendment) and property (Private Property Rights) from Government infringement.
5. Take care of our Veterans. This starts with respect. We live in the greatest country on earth, thanks to their sacrifice. Reform the VA. Acknowledge the traumatic brain injuries (TBI) that afflict many who return home, seemingly healthy and whole, but who are left to fight this hidden killer alone. Treat them as we would like to be treated.
6. Stand with the President against Islamic Terrorism. Enforce the Travel Ban, end the Obama refugee program and keep our communities safe from Muslim terrorism. After San Bernardino, I will never apologize or be politically correct about the threat that took the lives of our friends, neighbors and co-workers on that terrible day. Never again!
7. Reduce the size and scope of the Federal Government. End the IRS, End the Dept of Education and End federal oversight via Common Core over local education. The Founders intended for us to rule ourselves—instead of having multiple layers of bureaucracy attempting to micromanage our lives.
8. Support parental rights to make medical decisions for their children rather than government mandates. As Americans, one thing we cherish above all is liberty and the freedom to make medical decisions for ourselves and our children, rather than have government make them for us. God gave children to parents, not the state. I will oppose any and all attempts by the Federal Government to come between you and your child.
9. Stand for the first amendment and end censorship in silicon valley. Increasingly, we see the rise of new monopolies in Silicon Valley conglomerates control most of digital and social media. Companies like Twitter, Google, Facebook, Apple, etc. are openly political and use their incredible reach to censor and silence any speech they don’t like. Free Speech rights and the First Amendment must be protected everywhere—even in this new digital space.
10. Land Use/Federal Control: The Federal government claims "ownership" of close to half of our land in California (45.8%), something the framers of the Constitution never could have envisioned. Federal land use in the West and in California, in particular, needs to be re-evaluated in the interests of citizens of each state. By converting tracts of Federal land back to state control, the land could potentially be used for productive purposes, and better serve the interests of the people of California, and the 8th District.